Monday, January 12, 2009

The Building of a Home - Muphy Manor













So here we are day one, finally working on the house. I ripped out the wallpaper and sanded down the walls. Not an easy task. That stuff did not want to come off. The hub and I decided that the stairs were too rotten to keep. So he ripped them out for me and now we get to look for stairs! On the other hand the hub may want to try his hand at making them too....

After the demo part of the evening, I started on the wallpaper and he worked on a pattern for a window box seat. I completed the wallpaper and started a valance for the window. Then I worked on curtains followed by covering the window seat.

I'm probably going to make stained glass windows for the front window so you can't see the icky job I did on lining the curtains.... It was pretty bad. But hey they are my first curtains so I figure its alright.

Today I will try the window making with vellum and move upstairs to paper the bathroom. I went nuts on Ebay this weekend and we have furniture, rugs, and accessories arriving over the next 2 weeks to fill the house! I might even make another set of curtains. I'm a perfectionist so the ones in there currently may not stay. I'm going to try to ignore that nagging little doubt in my head for as long as possible though!

1 comment:

  1. I've always wanted to refurbish a dollhouse! Good luck, I'm sure it will turn out fabulous!

    Lori
    :0)

    ReplyDelete